The textile industry is significantly affected by fluctuations in demand, seasonality, operating costs, climatic change, and more. The core functions and operations of the textile industry can be improved with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software integrated into the business. This software helps to have better process control of the textile business. Manufacturers who do not use ERP in this industry often face operational inefficiencies that can hamper their growth.
Challenges in the Textile Industry
- The textile industry experiences a lack of coordination between internal teams, suppliers, and clients that leads to inefficiency in operations
- Lack of access to real-time information delays decisions, processes, and the supply chain in business
- It is difficult to maintain optimal stock in the inventory
- The use of legacy systems provides only minimal security for data
- Absence of centralised data storage for departments to work in harmony
- To overcome these challenges, it is imperative to deploy an ERP platform and make business future-ready. Let us understand the parameters to help you select the right textile ERP.
1. Save Time, Resources, and Cost
ERP helps to eliminate manual tasks like paperwork thereby saving time, resources, and costs. It stores all data in a centralised storage that enables streamlining of all functions. Access to real-time information in ERP helps leadership to make prompt strategic decisions. Thus, the software business selected for the textile industry should help with time management, resource allocation, and cost-cutting.
2. Efficient Purchasing, Planning, and Manufacturing
Right from the planning of production to the dispatch of goods, ERP in the garment industry can significantly make the entire process efficient, simplified, and easy to execute. The software must be able to streamline the workflow at every stage such as procurement, planning, manufacturing, dispatch & sales, etc.
3. Improve Supply Chain Management
Inventory in addition to tracking of all inward and outward movement is well-maintained with ERP. The software makes traceability efficient for the manufacturers. Overall, the textile ERP software helps improve the supply chain management of the business, ensuring timely procurements and deliveries.
4. Better Control of Financial Activities
The ERP software allows integrating various finance activities like books costing, ledgers and profitability, overhead cost, material cost, and more. Therefore, the finance module enables one to get better control of all financial activities of the business. The textile ERP that business chooses should have capability of real-time production cost estimates, subcontracting, material procurement, etc.
5. Automated Reports for Better Insights
Intelligent reports, analytics, and insights into the business health are integral features of having an ERP. Automated reports save time and provide accurate data. Choosing an ERP software that offers business insights helps make effective, strategic decisions for the growth of a business.
6. User-Friendly Interface
There is an emergence of ‘low-code ERP’ in the market that allows customisation of few features of the software. Simplified dashboards offer a quick overview of the business activities. Therefore, an user-friendly interface is also essential.
How SourcePro ERP Can Help to Scale Textile Business?
We at SourcePro, offer customised solutions for the textile industry that can effectively streamline the flow of business operations. Configuring the New Horizon ERP as per business promotes customer satisfaction and the growth of the enterprise.
Integrating the SourcePro ERP software in the textile business can help to tackle various challenges specific to the industry discussed above. We aim to provide effective solutions for various industries by monitoring their business processes. The insights help us understand how we can customise the workflows in the ERP software for business specific needs.
Connect with our experts at SourcePro to learn how ERP integration can transform an industry and boost growth for businesses.