The total global production of plastics amounts to approximately 300 million metric tons annually. Plastics & rubber production continues to boom every year, and manufacturers face immense competition to match the industry trends and meet customer demands. This industry comprises of different categories like Plastic Molding Manufacturers, Reclaimed Rubber Industry, HDPE / PVC pipe, auto plastic components, computer peripherals, packaging parts and more.
Core processes can be outlined as below:
- Order receiving cycle
- Production scheduling cycle
- Material preparation cycle
- Manufacturing cycle
- Delivery cycle
Affected by the global environment, the plastics industry suffers from serious labor shortages, fluctuating demand, sharp fluctuations in plastic costs, and higher uncertainty in the supply chain. To comply with regulations and manufacture in a more environmentally conscious way, the industry is undergoing continuous transformation. The traditional processes using spreadsheets and sticky notes are not good fit for today’s rubber and plastics manufacturers. Businesses must leverage latest technologies and processes to stay innovative, agile, and profitable by constant innovation in the evolving industry. For efficient operations, the plastics / Rubber industry requires a proper system for storing and tracking all data and resources for quick and seamless processes.
Key Challenges of Plastic & Rubber Industry:
- Equipment disorder: Mold management is not standardized for implementation and maintenance making it time-consuming and labor-intensive.
- Unplanned use of materials: Manufacturers use secondary materials that is random and at times complex, making the cost adjustments high.
- Lack of process clarity: The uneven production capacity and lack of production process transparency allowed little insight into production progress.
- Difficulty in coordination: Inaccurate production scheduling, unsynchronized demand, and inability to update order affected delivery time.
New Horizon ERP brings the advantage of greater business control over operations that boost the bottom line. It allows product testing at various stages such as distillation, polymerization, polycondensation, etc. to ensure order accuracy, quality, timely delivery, and pricing. This allows the organizations to manage all data and industry specific processes easily while resolving all operational inefficiencies and speeding up production to match the rising demand.
Business Benefits of New Horizon ERP
Business Benefits to Plastics & Rubber Molding Industry:
- Eliminate errors and data duplication with centralized data and product specifications.
- Automatic production monitoring for accurate view of manufacturing processes and assets.
- Centralized data eliminates repetitive calculations and helps minimize production cycle time.
- Manufacturing traceability allows for ECC, inventory management, quick response to change requests, vendor management, quality and lot tracking.
- Automates quality management to ensure maintain precision and efficiency throughout the supply chain.
- Better management of by-product, co-product and waste management thereby reducing costs.
- Faster decisions to cut waste, improve efficiency and eliminate downtime.